COLORADO SPRINGS — On Wednesday night time, Colorado Springs School District 11introduced that they would be parting methods with Superintendent Dr. Michael Thomas.
They say this comes right after the superintendent fulfilled with D11 University Board President Dr. Parth Melpakam to talk about the district’s course.
The district claims Dr. Thomas “expressed a desire to go after a mutual, amicable separation.”
Dr. Thomas experienced been the district’s superintendent due to the fact 2018.
In a press release, the faculty district claimed in part:
“We are grateful to Dr. Thomas for his dedicated company to the district and his many successes. The Board is determined to build on Dr. Thomas’ accomplishments as we operate to supply tutorial excellence and positive faculty culture for our deserving pupils and dedicated team members.”
The Board of schooling appointed D11 administrator Mr. Daniel Hoff to be the Acting Superintendent right up until they can discover Dr. Thomas’ alternative. Hoff has served the district for 22 several years, most not too long ago as Executive Director of University Leadership.
Dr. Thomas launched a goodbye letter which can be located beneath:
Expensive D11 Group,
It is with heartfelt gratitude to the Colorado Springs College District 11 local community that I share my ultimate information with you. Serving the pupils, workers, households and this local community has been my wonderful honor above the previous 4 decades. I have acquired a incredible quantity in my time as superintendent of D11 and I will get with me quite a few precious lessons figured out. It is with out a doubt that I know D11 will carry on to make excellent strides in providing good quality instruction to students in the region. I’m grateful to the academics, help employees, and leaders in this district who’ve demonstrated their dedication to children’s success. But there is however get the job done to be completed and with some important components in put, the future chief of D11 could guide the District confidently to even greater college student advancement.
Given that stepping into the function of superintendent four years back, I’ve been motivated by our students. As foreseeable future leaders, business people, and innovators, they give us hope for the long term. I am proud of the achievements of our district and faculty leaders who work tirelessly to make sure the very best results for all college students. From my very very first day in D11, I have been devoted to bettering the education and learning for each and every solitary scholar, regardless of where by they started off in our program. A more robust faculty district equals a more powerful local community. Achievements over the past four decades include things like:
- The development and implementation of a complete strategic approach and district identity
- The passing of an equity policy ensuring just about every college student and workers member receives what they uniquely need to be effective
- The growth of a literacy design to superior guide universities in monitoring student accomplishment
- Just before the pandemic strike, 75 per cent of the D11 condition “on-watch” educational institutions moved to “off-watch” owing to sustained, general educational advancement 23 p.c increase in median growth percentile in center university English scores 38 p.c enhance in the number of elementary faculties conference or exceeding envisioned advancement in English and six D11 educational institutions were being amongst the maximum accomplishing educational institutions in the condition serving economically disadvantaged pupils in math
- The implementation of metrics through the 5E and Orgametrics surveys to improved measure college readiness and how we are executing our strategic strategy and and lastly,
- Designed programs for the Academic and Services Grasp Strategies (AMP/FMP) for the long-phrase transformation of the District, beginning with the institution of the first conventional K-8 on the internet academy (Spark On the net) and the 1st twin-language immersion school (Rogers Elementary).
I’m grateful to the D11 households and neighborhood who’ve partnered with the District to build and make so a lot of remarkable systems for our long run generations. There is wonderful get the job done becoming done and I know that get the job done will only carry on to mature and prosper. To the D11 personnel, you give so much of your self emotionally, intellectually, and professionally and it has certainly been a pleasure to provide alongside you. Be sure to continue on to do what you do so graciously.
Yours in Partnership,
Dr. Michael J. Thomas
Look at KOAA News5 on your time, anytime with our totally free streaming app obtainable for your Roku, FireTV, AppleTV and Android Tv. Just look for KOAA Information5, obtain and get started looking at.